TRAVEL OPTIONS TO THE REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA
According to a press release recently published by the Civil Aviation Authority of the Republic of Moldova (),it is reiterated that, according to p.19 of Decision no.11 from May 15, 2020 of the National Extraordinary Commission for Public Health, ”All scheduled and regular charter passenger flights to and from the Republic of Moldova are suspended until June 30, 2020”.
At the same time, the Civil Aviation Authority of the Republic of Moldova (AAC RM) informed that, upon the request from the air carriers, it is possible to authorize irregular flights and occasional charter flights. This authorization will be issued by the AAC RM.
The information regarding all occasional charter flights authorized by the AAC RM will be published on the official website of AAC RM. Passengers are advised to check the news section on the website www.caa.md before purchasing a plane ticket for an irregular flight, if that flight has been authorized.
Thus, the Civil Aviation Authority approved the following charter flights for the period May 22-28, 2020 , to be operated by the company "Air Moldova" S.R.L:
May 22 Moscow - Chisinau,
May 23 Chisinau - Dublin - Chisinau,
May 24 Chisinau - London - Chisinau,
May 26 Moscow - Chisinau,
May 27 St. Petersburg - Chisinau,
May 28 Tel Aviv – Chisinau
THERE ARE NO LISTS where citizens could register for these flights. Tickets can be purchased online on the website www.airmoldova.md. Any other information related to the flight schedule, date and time, can be accessed on the official website of Air Moldova.
Please note that these flights, like all commercial flights operated worldwide under current pandemic conditions, might be canceled with a short notice. Therefore, we recommend that you check the reimbursement conditions for your travel arrangements. The Embassy has no other information about these flights. You must conduct your own research on connecting flights to Europe. The Embassy reiterates that, currently, NO OTHER DIRECT CHARTER FLIGHTS ARE EXPECTED TO BE ORGANIZED FROM THE USA TO THE REPUBLIC OF MOLDOVA.
IMPORTANT! For those flying to the Republic of Moldova:
Only the next passengers will be accepted for flights to the Republic of Moldova:
1) citizens of the Republic of Moldova;
2) family members of the citizens of the Republic of Moldova (on the basis of Moldovan documents - marriage certificate or birth certificate for minors; or based on the same foreign documents, with the condition that they are properly legalized (with an apostille));
3) persons holding a long-stay visa, a residence permit or a document equivalent to a residence permit issued by the authorities;
4) persons traveling with the scope of professional interest, proved by a relevant visa, residence permit or another equivalent document;
5) members of diplomatic missions and consular offices accredited to the Republic of Moldova, members of international organizations /missions, as well as members of their families or personnel providing humanitarian aid;
Please check with the authorities of the state through which you intend to transit, for any travel or entry restrictions currently imposed in that state.
Please note that for transit through the airports of Dublin (Ireland) and London (UK), citizens of the Republic of Moldova need a transit visa, which must be obtained in advance from the appropriate British or Irish authorities.